Ai-Menu Troubleshooting Guide
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
1.1 Black monitor screen
- Ensure screen is connected to power
- Ensure screen is ON (light on bottom left-hand side)
- Ensure screen is connected to the computer via the blue-ended VGA cable
- Ensure computer is connected to power
- Ensure computer is ON (blue light is on)
1.2 Thermal printer isn’t printing
- Check paper supply
- Check that the printer is ON (blue light on the back should be on)
- Ensure all power connections are tight:
- Wall socket → power cable
- Power cable →power box
- Power box cable → printer
- (Wired printer) Check the USB connection to the computer
- (Remote WiFi printer) Check that the router is ON
- (Remote WiFi printer) Check that both lights on the back of printer (blue and red) are on. If one is off, there is a connection problem. Try turning the router off, wait approx. 1 min, then turn it back on and check the lights on the back of the printer.
- If problem persists, try turning the printer OFF, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back ON
- If the printer doesn’t turn on, you can re-route the printer to a different printer (if you have more than one printer). Press “Administration” → “Tools” → “Printer Setup” and modify the printer settings in the dialog box.
1.3 Keyboard and/or mouse don’t work
- (wireless) Ensure batteries are fresh
- (wireless) Ensure the “on/off” switch is on the “ON” position
- Underside of mouse
- Top right-hand side for keyboard
- (wireless) Ensure the wireless connection USB dongle is connected to the computer
- (wired) Ensure USB cables are connected to the computer
1.4 Tablet not turning on
- Ensure tablet is charged.
- Press and hold the “on/off” button for 10 seconds. If nothing happens, press and hold the same button again for 10 seconds.
- If router is on, first power-cycle the tablet (turn off then on), and if this doesn’t fix the problem then power-cycle the router.
1.5 Ai-Menu software on tablet crashed
- Power-cycle the tablet (turn off then on).
- If Ai-Menu software doesn’t load automatically, press the central button that looks like a grid, then find the Ai-Menu logo and press on it.
1.6 Computer screen frozen or crashed
- Wait for about 60 seconds without pressing any buttons or mouse clicks.
- If system doesn’t wake up, turn off the computer by pressing and holding the power button on the front of the computer case. Wait for the screen to go black, then press the same button again quickly.
- Once the computer boots up, press “Enter” when it asks “Start windows normally?” and open the Ai-Menu software. All your orders and history should be preserved.
1.7 Wireless light not turning on or off
- Ensure power is connected to the lamp and the switch is in the “on” position.
- Ensure the router is on.
- On the Light Controller Box (small white box with white cable going from the computer) – ensure two lights are on. If one is flashing, disconnect the box from the cable, wait 10 seconds and connect the cables again.
- Ensure no metal objects are placed near or on the Light controller box, such as glasses case, calculator, etc.
- Tablets not connecting to the Ai-Menu system
- Ensure tablet is on and Ai-Menu software is operating
- On the tablet, ensure the bottom right-hand corner has “IP: 192.168.100.xxx”, where “xxx” are any numbers. If it shows “IP: Not connected…” then:
- Ensure Airplane mode is off
- Ensure the router is on
- Turn the tablet off and on again
1.9 Tablets randomly going online and offline
- Go to “Administration” → “Tools” → “Fix Wireless”, and press “OK”.
- If this doesn’t fix the problem, then turn off the router, wait ~30 seconds, and turn the router back on
2 Technical Support
If any queries arise during operation, you can call us on: (07) 3195 4257 and we will try to take your call immediately. Although every effort to take your call will be made, due to unforeseen circumstances we may be unable to take your call if it is outside business hours.
The email for any technical enquires is: firstname.lastname@example.org