If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
TTA Installation and Configuration
The Tyro Terminal Adapter (TTA) is integration software used by Windows-based POS/PMS systems to integrate with Tyro terminals. The POS/PMS systems use the TTA to easily and securely communicate with the Tyro terminal. Tyro continually improves the TTA functionality. The TTA automatically checks for updates every day at 1am local time by default. During the initial TTA installation, you can change this default setting to ensure that your PC will be powered on when the update takes place.
|1||What do you need to install the TTA?|
- The Microsoft .Net Framework version 2.0 must be installed on your PC. If it is not already installed on your PC, you can download it from here
- The installation must be performed by the PC administrator
|2||How do you proceed?|
- Click on the link below to download the TTA set-up program:
- Run the set-up program and follow the instructions on the screen
|3||How do you pair the TTA to the Tyro EFTPOS terminal?|
Once you have installed the TTA, it needs to be paired with the Tyro terminal. The pairing process provides the POS/PMS with the authority to process transactions through the terminal. Follow these steps to pair the TTA with the terminal:
- On the terminal, navigate to the ‘Authorise POS/PMS’ screen:
- Yomani 3G/Yoximo: Menu > Configuration > Integrated EFTPOS > Pair with POS
- Yomani: Menu > Integrated EFTPOS > Authorise POS
- Xenta/Xentissimo: Menu > Settings > Integrated EFTPOS > Authorise POS
- Open the Tyro Terminal Adapter configuration application found in the Windows Control Panel.
- Enter the necessary information into the dialogue box:
- Copy the Merchant ID and Terminal ID from the terminal to the Configuration.exe application
- Optionally enter a name for the POS/PMS (e.g. Reception Desk #1)
- Select the printing location (this setting controls which device prints the
Tyro EFTPOS receipts). The options are:
- Print EFTPOS receipts on the Tyro Terminal (this is the default option)
- Print EFTPOS receipts locally*
- If you have multiple Windows users on the same PC, you can select the ‘Apply to all users on this computer’ check box and all users will share the same pairing configuration
*Choose this option if your POS/PMS supports integrated EFTPOS receipt printing. If you don’t know whether your POS/PMS supports integrated EFTPOS receipt printing, please contact your POS/PMS provider or Tyro Customer Support on 1300 966 639.
- Press the ‘Save and Pair’ button. A timer will appear.
- Press the ‘START’ button on the terminal to complete the pairing process. When the pairing process is successfully completed, the Pairing Status label changes to ‘User Paired’ (or ‘Computer Paired’ if the ‘Apply to all users on this computer’ option was checked).
- The pairing can be verified at any time by pressing the ‘Verify Key’ button.
The Tyro Payments application generates end of the day terminal reports via your POS/PMS and also performs manual settlement. Please note that these functions are also available on all Tyro terminals with an attached printer.
During the TTA installation, a shortcut to the Tyro Payments application will appear on your desktop. If you cannot see the shortcut, it can be located via the Windows Start menu under.
All Programs > Tyro > Tyro Payments.
If you are unable to find the shortcut, please call Tyro Customer Support on 1300 966 639.
You can generate reports by following these steps:
- Under the reports section of the application, select a date within the last 7 days
- Choose the type of report (either a ‘Transaction Summary Report’ or a ‘Transaction Detail Report’)
- Click generate
The report will be shown in a new window with a button that allows you to print to a Windows printer.
This printer may be your POS/PMS printer or another Windows configured printer.
You may not be able to print this report if your POS/PMS printer is not configured as a Windows printer or if you don’t have another Windows configured printer.
Tyro EFTPOS terminals have an auto settlement feature. By default, settlement will take place at midnight local time.
If you want to manually settle, you can do so within the Tyro Payments application. Simply press the ‘Start Manual Settlement’ button. You can manually settle only once between 5am to 5am AEST/AEDT on any given day. A window will pop up with the result of the manual settlement.
Tyro Customer Support
If you encounter any difficulties with the installation of the TTA, please contact
Tyro Customer Support on 1300 966 639.