Ai-Menu Scale Instruction Guide
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Weighing Scale Integration Guide
- Connect the printer to the POS terminal via the USB cable and turn on both of them.
- Connect the scale to the POS computer via the serial cable provided.
- Make sure the scale is set to “Type 3”.
- Make sure the POS terminal is connected to the internet. This terminal does not support WiFi, so kindly connect Via LAN port.
Once the POS computer is turned ON. You can see the Ai-Menu Server app starting automatically, followed by the Ai-POS app(can also be launched using the desktop shortcut). Once the lamp on the Ai-POS app turn greens you are connected and good to go.
If the POS lamp remains red then follow the steps below,
- Click on the red lamp.
- You will see a popup asking to start the server, click Yes.
- This will start the server app and restart the POS app. Eventually, you see the lamp turn green once the Ai-POS app has restarted and connected.
Note: If Ai-POS app is not already launched, you can use the app’s shortcut desktop to launch it.
Measuring and Billing Items
- Once Ai-POS app is launched, click on Start Order button.
- To check whether the scale has connected to the app, add some weight to the scale, click on the scale buttonand click on ‘Potatoes’.
- This will bring up a dialog box showing the scale. If the COMs show a green lamp, it means it is connected. We have preset the COMs to COM1, where it should connect automatically.
- Now if you add more weight on the scale, you can see new weight and price.
- Once done, Press OK and it will add the item to the cart.
- Zero the scale, before adding another item. Pressing on the item directly adds the item to cart. Note: To view the scale weight before adding the item to cart, click on the scale icon and click on the item button.
- Once items are added, click on Proceed to Payment.
- In the Payment screen you can see the invoice on the left side. Press on Cash to make the payment.
- This will bring up with another popup, just press on Exact Cash.
- This confirms the payment.
Below is the list on Items with their pre-set tare and price/Kg
- Potatoes: $8/Kg with Tare (0.1Kg)
- Onions: $6/Kg with No Tare
- Tomatoes: $9/Kg with No Tare
- Pineapple: $5/pc
- Apples: $4.35/Kg with Tare (0.1Kg)
- Oranges: $11.60/Kg with No Tare
Create New Item
- From the POS main screen click on Administration.
- Now Click on Edit Main Menu
- To edit price select the item and click on Prices.
- Enter the new price, press on Update Price and then press Submit.
- To create new item, click on the New Item button in the.
- Give it a name, add a price. Once the item has been created, select the item and click on the Sold By Weight checkbox
- Once the checkbox is checked, you should be new field called Tare show up below the checkbox.
- Click on the empty space next to Tare to open up dialog box to select the Tare.
- Select a Tare and press Proceed. This will add the Tare to the item.
- Once done, click on Save Changes.
- From the Edit Menu page, click on Scale Setup.
- In the Scale Setup screen, you can add new, delete and edit Tare.
- Once done, press on Save Changes.