Xero Integration Complete Guide
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Xero – Ai-Menu Integration Guide
Xero integration with Ai-Menu is set up in two steps:
- Add Ai-Menu to your “apps” in Xero, which will generate the credentials we need
- Set up your Xero accounts in Ai-Menu with the same account numbers so the upload maps perfectly
1. Xero setup
- Login to the Xero Developer portal which is located at https://api.xero.com/Application
- (log into Xero)
- Press “New app” (top right-hand corner)
- This will open a pop-up window. Enter the following details.
Web app (selected by default)
Company or application URL
- OAuth 2.0 redirect URI:
- App name
- Check the “I have read and agree…” checkbox and press “Create app”.
- This will take you to the following window.
- Now press “Generate a secret”
- Press on the “eye” symbol next to both the Client ID and the Client Secret, which will show you the actual codes.
- Copy both codes into a text document, to then save in Ai-Menu in the next step
- Press “Save”
2. Ai-Menu Setup
Secondly, set up your XERO accounts in Ai-Menu. You should have something like this:
This needs to be entered into Ai-Menu, like so:
- Now open Admin app.
- Click on Configuration
- Click on Accounting Tab and copy across the account codes that you have set up in Xero into the appropriate tenders in the Payment tab under Accounts Section.
- Select Xero under Accounting Integration.
- Copy across the Client ID and Secret from the Xero Dashboard.
- Click Submit.
Setup Sales Account for Reporting Groups
Once the integration is done, you are ready to setup the reporting for your menu items. This involves two steps,
- Assigning the menu items to the required Reporting Groups.
- Mapping the Reporting Groups to Sales accounts using Admin App.
1. Reporting Groups
The Reporting Groups are set for each individual menu item in the tab. This can be done using the Edit Main Menu tool in Admin App.
- Open Admin app and Click on Edit Main Menu.
- Once in the Edit Main Menu, click on the Item for which you want to change the Reporting Group and click on the Reporting Group Text
- This will open a dialog box asking you to select the required Reporting Group.
- Select the required Group and click proceed.
- Click on Save Changes to save the menu.
To make Sure all items have a Reporting Group assigned
- It is recommended that you turn on validate reporting groups in menu if you going to use xero. This
doesn’t allow you to save the menu unless all the menu items have a group assigned. Hence achieve more accurate data.
- To do this go to Admin app -> Tools -> Configurations and click on the Reporting tab.
- Check the “Validate Reporting Groups in Menu” checkbox under the Reporting Group section.
- Click Submit and go to Edit Main Menu again.
- And try to save the menu by clicking Save Changes button.
- Now this prompt you to select the Reporting Groups for the unassigned Menu Items.
- Select the required Group and click Proceed.
- After assigning the Groups for all the Menu Items, press Save Changes.
NOTE: After you check the Validate Reporting Groups in Menu checkbox, the system won’t allow to you save the menu unless or until you assign groups for all the Menu Items.
Create New Reporting Groups:
- To do this go to Reporting Group setting by going to Admin app -> Tools -> Configurations -> Reporting tab.
- Click on New.
- This will open a dialog box asking you to enter the Name for the Group.
- Enter a Name and click Ok.
- Press Submit.
2. Mapping Reporting Groups to Sales Account
Setup Sales Account:
- Before we can start mapping, we need to setup the Sales account first. To do this we need to go to, Admin -> Tools -> configurations -> Accounting tab
- Click on Sales tab under Accounts section.
- Now select the Sales account and click on Code
- A dialog box will open asking to you enter the code.
- Copy across the code from Xero and click ok.
- Click Submit.
To create new Sales Account:
- New Sales Account can be created using the Sales tab in Accounts section of the Accounting tab. (Admin -> Tools -> configurations -> Accounting tab)
- Click New.
- A dialog box will open asking you to enter the name of the Sales Account.
- Enter the name and click OK.
- Setup the code for the newly created Sales Account.
- And Click on Submit
Map Groups to Sales Account:
Once the Reporting Groups and Sales Accounts are set up, they are ready to be mapped with each other so that it will show in the Xero reports. To do this go to, Admin -> Tools -> configurations -> Reporting tab.
- Click on the Group Name and Click on Set Sales Account
- This will open a list of Sales Account.
- Select the required one and click Proceed.
- Once you have set the Sales account for all the Groups, click Submit.
- This will map the Sales Account to menu Items. So whenever an Item is bought, its total sales amount will come under corresponding Sales Account in the Xero reports.