Xero Integration Guide 3.0
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Xero – Ai-Menu Integration Guide
Xero integration with Ai-Menu is set up in two steps:
- Add Ai-Menu to your “apps” in Xero, which will generate the credentials we need
- Set up your Xero accounts in Ai-Menu with the same account numbers so the upload maps perfectly
1. Xero setup
- Login to the Xero Developer portal which is located at https://api.xero.com/Application
- (log into Xero)
- Press “New app” (top right-hand corner)
- This will open a pop-up window. Enter the following details,
- Check the “I have read and agree…” checkbox and press “Create app”.
- This will take you to the following window.
- Now press “Generate a secret”
- Press on the “eye” symbol next to both the Client ID and the Client Secret, which will show you the actual codes.
- Copy both codes into a text document, to then save in Ai-Menu in the next step
- Press “Save”.
2. Ai-Menu Setup
Secondly, set up your XERO accounts in Ai-Menu. You should have something like this:
This needs to be entered into Ai-Menu, like so:
- Now open Admin app.
- Click on Configuration.
- Click on Accounting Tab and copy across the account codes from above for the appropriate tenders in the Payment tab under Accounts Section.
- Select Xero under Accounting Integration.
- Copy across the Client ID and Secret from the Xero Dashboard.
- Click Submit.