There are three steps to follow to connect the barcode scanner with your Ai-Menu
- Set the Barcode scanner to SPP (Serial Port Profile) mode
- Pair the scanner with the Ai-Menu tablet
- Follow prerequisites when starting Stock-take mode.
1. Set the Barcode scanner to SPP (Serial Port Profile) mode
- Make sure the Scanner has enough charge and press the ‘+’ button to wake up the scanner.
- Now scan the barcode below to set the scanner to SPP mode.
Note: you cannot scan barcodes directly from the screen, you will have to print this out or else find the same barcode in the scanner company’s reference guide.
- You will hear a beep that confirms that the scanner has been set to SPP mode.
2. Pair the scanner with the Ai-Menu Tablet
- From the Main Screen of the tablet (where you enter table number), click on the Settings button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter the security code.
- Once in Settings, go to your Bluetooth settings.
- You can do this by going to Connected Devices -> Pair New Devices
- At the same time put your scanner in Discoverable mode. You can do this by long-pressing the Bluetooth button on the scanner until it beeps.
- Once the scanner is in the discoverable mode, you can see a blue light blinking around the Bluetooth button.
- Now, wait for the scanner to show in the available devices in your Tablet’s Bluetooth settings screen.
- Look for the model name of the scanner to come up in the available devices section. The scanner name would start like “CS3070….”.
- Once the scanner shows up click on it.
- A pop-up shows, asking the password to pair with the device. Enter “1234” and click pair. If this does not work, try “0000”. This will pair the scanner to the tablet.
- Alternatively, if the pop-up shows a pairing code like “5436375”, scan the individual number from the barcode number digit list and finally scan the Enter barcode.
3. Prerequisites when starting Stocktake
- Once the Scanner has been paired with the tablet, go to the main screen of the
Ai-Menu app and login to Staff mode.
- Now press the ‘+’ on the Scanner and then press the Bluetooth button. Now you can see the blue light around the button blinking.
- Once the blue light is blinking in the scanner, press on Staff Admin on the tablet and click on Stocktake.
- Once the Current Stocktake screen has loaded, you can hear the Scanner beeping once, notifying us that it has connected successfully to the app.
- And you can also see the message “Barcode Scanner Connected Successfully” on the screen of the tablet screen.
How to use?
- First, you need to map the bar codes to the ingredient before you can use them to find ingredients.
- Once the scanner has connected to the app, scan the barcode of the ingredient, it will bring up a pop box asking you to add the barcode to an ingredient.
- Select the required ingredient and that will add that barcode to that ingredient.
- Now if you scan the same barcode again, it will bring up that ingredient asking you to enter the quantity.
- Once you have added the ingredient specific barcode to all the ingredients, you are now ready to do a stocktake with the scanner.
Things to keep in Mind!
- Every time you scan a new barcode (that has not been added to any ingredient) a dialog box will open prompting you to add it to an ingredient.
- The same ingredient can have multiple barcodes added to it.
- The Ai-Menu App tries to connect to the scanner only while entering the current stocktake screen. So, make sure you keep the scanner in discoverable mode before entering the current stocktake screen. If you are already in the stocktake screen, go back and keep the scanner in discoverable mode and enter the current stocktake screen again.
If you have done all the above steps correctly, and still the scanner hasn’t connected to the app do one of the following things,
- When the app shows the following message “Please enable Bluetooth”. turn on the Bluetooth of the tablet.
- When the app shows the following message “Scanner not Connected”. Do one of the following things.
- Go back to the main screen and keep the scanner in discoverable mode and enter the current stocktake screen again. If this does not work, follow the below step.
- Scan the SPP barcode to set it to SPP mode again. Keep the scanner in discoverable mode and enter the current stocktake screen again.
- If the barcode has connected successfully and shows the message “Data Error” when scanning a barcode, unpair the scanner from the tablet using the Bluetooth settings. Set the scanner to SPP mode and pair it to the tablet.